Do you have a story you want to tell? Writing that wants out?
LifeLines Writing and Editing is the registered name* I use when I work with writers outside of my work as a professor and mentor at universities in Nova Scotia. Contact me if you want help telling your story.
My work with people in all walks of life (health, industry, government, engineering, academia), as well as with poets, nonfiction and fiction writers of all ages, has given me a strong sense of the challenges people face.
Here’s what I do:
- One-to-one consultations (in person and online)
- Editing (emerging and finished manuscripts)
- Workshops (poetry, creative nonfiction, including lyric essay forms/ bricolage) on craft
- Workshops, seminars, and individual sessions on life writing (memoir, family stories/histories, loss).
- Short-term retreats in the south shore of Nova Scotia. (Watch here for more information)
Since 2001, I have organized and led dozens of workshops (largely poetry and memoir/life writing) in Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, British Columbia, Manitoba, and the North. My short-term seminars and retreats have been held in Ireland; Magnetic Island and Perth, Australia; Chile, and Greece.
Many of the workshops and private sessions focus on writing about loss, grief, life changes, transitions, and trauma. My own experiences in loss inform my work. As a seasoned listener, and sensitive ‘story whisperer,’ I will guide you throughout the process of writing your story with care and dignity.
*Lifelines Writing and Editing has been registered (#3054825) since 2001 as a sole proprietorship with the Government of Nova Scotia. It is not incorporated.